Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Freedomnomics

Freedomnomics

Sometimes life is unintentionally hilarious. For example, on Amazon there's a new book out called "Freedomnomics". It's a 'response' to Stephen Levitt's "Freakonomics", and attempts to refute many of the findings of that book.

I will not comment further until i've read the book, but I will say that as a trained economist I found 'Freakonomics' to be generally correct, and I find it difficult to imagine how it could be found lacking, but I will read 'Freedomnomics' and decide for myself.

However, I should point out that I only discovered 'Freedomnomics' while on an Amazon search for Dostoyevsky's 'Crime and Punishment', and that in the little section on what other customer's bought, 'Freedomnomics' is in such illustrious company as 'A New Look At The Causes of the Great Depression', 'More Guns, Less Crime', 'Straight Shooting: Firearms, Economics and Public Policy', and "Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left".

Until I read the book, I will leave that to speak for itself.

No comments: