Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Conscience Of The King

The Conscience Of The King

I don't wish to politicise t'internet, but our government sucks. Yesterday, I recieved a particularly odious letter from my Federal MP, Mr Kym Richardson, of the Liberal Party. So I thought i'd send him a response:

Dear Mr Richardson,

Yesterday I recieved your recent circular, on the front of which was a picture of two Australian servicemen from the Gallipoli campaign. I am writing to let you know that I find this in very poor taste. The military campaigns of our country were not fought for you to use for cheap political propoganda. Your seeming attempt to ally yourself with the ideals of courage, mateship and honour that the Gallipoli campaign represents for the majority of Australians simply serves to underline that you cannot do this any other way: that these ideals cannot be represented by any current Liberal party policy.

If, however, you are not seeking to ally yourself with these ideals, what other conclusion can be drawn? Your use of the Gallipoli campaign merely underlines that Australia has once again been embroiled in another unwinnable war in the Middle East by a foreign power. And again, as in July 1914, it is the Liberal Party who has allowed it to occur.

Yours,

D C White.

No comments: