Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ramsay's Fashion Nightmares

Ramsay's Fashion Nightmares

I bear important news.
On my last trip to sample the artistic delights of Melbourne I purchased a red shirt, because it looked similar to that worn by The Bandit in "Smokey and the Bandit".

It now appears that I am not the only one who bought one. The shirt has a distinctive cut, with square pockets, epaulettes, odd buttons and seams down the centre of the lapels. It is also a very vivid red hue. In the latest Womens Weekly magazine I noticed an interview with Gordon Ramsay, foul-mouthed chef that he is, in which he was wearing, beyond a shadow of doubt, the same shirt.

The odd thing is that i've never seen them anywhere other than one little clothes shop in Richmond, and Ramsay was in Melbourne over the same weekend to promote something or other, I seem to recall.

Freaky. Not only do we have a similar taste in clothing but we may even have bought the shirts at around the same time. Still, it could have been worse. It could have been Peter Russell Clarke...

No comments: