Friday, August 01, 2008

What Comes Around...Goes Around.

What Comes Around...Goes Around.

Well I am absolutely tickled pink.

A matter of principle arose recently. Those who know me well will shudder somewhat at this, as it usually means that I ended up fighting for something long after the objective became redundant. However, this has a happy ending.

On Sunday, whilst shopping at a discount store I found (finally!) a copy of the 1981 Jerry Reed film 'What Comes Around'. I've been looking for this for a while. Not because it's a great movie (i've never seen it so I can't say) but because it stars Jerry Reed (Snowman out of Smokey & The Bandit) as a guitar player, it's probably got some decent live concert footage of the man.

However, when I tried to play the disc I discovered that the movie on there was actually 'StarHunter' with Roddy McDowell. I don't wish to disparage Mr McDowell in any way but it's not exactly a replacement. The disc only cost $3 and it would have been easy to throw it away, but I wanted to see the movie! So despite some very disparaging comments from almost everyone who heard about the project I found the company who made it, via the internet. Flashback Entertainment turned out to be a local company from NSW, and the staff were very sympathetic and helpful, and they've agreed to send me a new disc! So all's well that ends well.

And i notice on their website that Flashback Entertainment has just secured the rights to the entire Leyland Brothers DVD collection, so be sure to show them your support in the best possible way.

No comments: