Sunday, October 24, 2010

Reviews Of Books I Have Not Read, Nor Ever Will

Quite a lot of people don't have the time to read books these days. Thankfully I am not one of them. A lot of these people ask me to review books on this emblogulation in order that they may pretend to have read them. While i'm flattered, I read books for entertainment and not to show off so instead, I will review books as asked, i'm just not going to read them first.

Gone With The Wind.
If you're a fan of things that happened in America quite a long time ago then this may be the book for you. Most of the covers have the title in that old-timey font I associate with Western movies, so that's probably what it is. I'll go out on a limb and say that it's about the American Civil war because I heard that somewhere. I can tell you that it was read by one of the characters in The Outsiders, a book I read for Year Nine English. That's a bit meta but I hope it helps.

Fahrenheit 451.
It's about burning books, but that's all i've got. Mind you, I also know that the combustion level of woodpulp-based paper is about 850 degrees fahrenheit so good job with that one Heinlein or Bradbury or Dick or whoever.

The Quick and the Dead.
Written by Norman Mailer who was supposed to be the 1960's literary answer to Teddy Roosevelt (the American Alfred Deakin). It's either about World War Two or its a Western. I like both those genres but i've never read this. Curious.

Ulysses.
An Irishman gets drunk, which was apparently torn from the front pages of the newspapers of the day. It's a pretty shit read so I read Gravity's Rainbow instead. That's saying something.

The Wheel of Time series.
It goes on forever and doesn't stop. It's either better than or worse than Lord of The Rings depending on whether you talk to a Tolkien fan or not. I really don't care.

No comments: