Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What Really Grinds My Gears

What Really Grinds My Gears

As an unpublished author it continually irks me that no-one ever asks me where I get my ideas from. I'd love to spin some wonderfully dry story about class struggle, teapots and dung, but then turn around and admit that I don't have the foggiest idea where it came from.

Take my latest. What would happen if an evil organisation subcontracted for a large evil lair to be built, and then discovered that they'd forgot to mention that it was an evil organisation only for midgets? They'd need to have little stepladders next to all of the doorhandles and light switches, and the evil leader would be constantly going on about how he didn't see the plans first.

I have no idea where that came from, but i'll be using it.

1 comment:

M J Meakins said...

I know where it came from.

Don't feel bad. It's where most of mine come from too.